God said:


I want to lend you a small kitten for a little while
so that you can love it, as long as it will live
and grieve for it, when it will be dead.

Maybe for twelve or fourteen years
but also maybe only for two or three ones.
Are you prepared to care for it, acting for me
until I will call it back?

It will charm you
to rejoice you
And should its stay only be for a short time
you still have the memory of it
to comfort you.

I can’t promise you, that it will  always stay with you
because everything of the earth has to come back.
But there is a lesson,
This cat will have to learn.

And all over the world
 I was looking for the right teacher for it,
and  from every people all over the world
I have elected you..

Do you want to give it all your love
and never to think that your job was for nothing?
Do you want not to hate me either
when I call this kitten back home?

My heart  was responding:
My Lord, it shall come about
For all the joy, this cat will bring in my life
I will run the risk of the grief.

We will protect it tenderly
We will love it as long as we will be allowed to
We will be thankful for all the happiness
we will have experienced.

But should it happen, that you called it back earlier,
 much earlier than we had planned
we will try hard to handle the grief
and we will try to understand.

And when we succeed by our love
To fulfill your desire
 In the memory of its sweet love
Please help us in our mourning.

When our most loved kitty  
will leave this world of strains  and conflicts
please send us another needy soul 
that we can love it for its whole life.

Source: Animals in heaven